The Breckland Grounds Maintenance service is provided in partnership with service provider Serco Ltd. This service is carried out under the contract to standards set by the Council. The service ensures that Council land is maintained to provide a clean, safe and attractive environment accessible to the whole community.
This service maintains landscaped areas of Council-owned open spaces, housing estates and grass verges within the residential areas of the district. Grass verges outside the residential areas are maintained by Norfolk County Council. They can be contacted on 0344 800 8004.
The standard of service you can expect:
- work carried out with due care for the safety of others
- work will only be carried out between 7am and 8pm
- any debris created by our work will be removed at the end of the day
(with the exception of grass cuttings)
- regular inspections will be made to check that work is being done properly, to the agreed standard
- We perform maintenance on the limited number of hedges under our ownership.
- We are responsible for trees on the land we own. Currently, works are only carried out where it is deemed there is a health and safety issue. Any of our trees which have grown over your property boundary, you have the right to cut back.
Breckland Council is responsible for the maintenance of the following play areas.
Neatherd Moor NR20 4AY
Sandy Lane NR19 2EA
Orford Road, PE37
Richard Easten Road IP24 1ED
Our play areas are inspected on a weekly basis.
Play Areas in Dereham, Attleborough, Swaffham, Watton and Thetford are the responsibility of the respective Town Council. Village play areas are usually the responsibility of the respective Parish Council, or sometimes the Village Playing Field Committee.