High hedge complaints

Residents can make formal complaints about their neighbour's hedge, under Part 8 of the Anti-social Behaviour Act 2003. The council can only intervene once you have tried, and exhausted, all avenues for resolving your hedge dispute.


Please be aware that there is a fee of £350 for Breckland Council to investigate a high hedge complaint.

Make a complaint:

Icon for pdf High Hedge Complaint Form [72.56KB]

Further information:

Icon for pdf Over The Garden Hedge [1.05MB]

Icon for pdf High Hedges Complaining To The council [394.86KB]

Icon for pdf High Hedges Appealing Against The Council's Decision [313.11KB]

There are other sources of information concerning high hedges. You might want to try:

The Department for Communities and Local Government