Housing Strategy consultation
The Council's draft Housing and Homelessness Strategy sets out the council's approach, its areas of focus and its ambitions for housing over the period 2017-2021.
The draft Strategy covers a wide range of housing matters, including;
· How we will seek to prevent and mitigate homelessness, including how we will identify and support those at greatest risk of losing their accommodation
· The ambitions that the council has for housing growth across the district
· How we will respond to government changes to housing policy, including how we will support the delivery of these policy objectives in way that ensures that locally identified needs are met and planned for
· The means through which we will support the delivery of improvements to the private housing stock
· How we will seek to add to housing supply, including through the council's direct investment in new housing and activity in relation to addressing long term empty homes
· How we will align our housing ambitions with the wider health agenda, including our strategic approach to addressing fuel poverty
· How we will meet the needs of specific groups, such as older people, those with dementia and members of the armed forces
· The steps that we will take to prepare our residents for reform to the welfare benefits system
Breckland Council is consulting with the public and partners to get their feedback on the draft strategy document. All comments received will be carefully considered and will help shape the final document before it is adopted. The consultation will run from 4 January - 1 February 2017.
You can now download the
The draft Strategy was prepared following engagement with a range of partner agencies involved in the housing and homelessness agenda across Breckland. The document in its draft form has also been subject to scrutiny through the council's Overview and Scrutiny Panel.
How to respond
We welcome your comments at this important stage; these can be made in a number of ways;
Via email: email@example.com; please entitle your email 'Housing Strategy Consultation'
Via postal comments: Strategic Housing team, Breckland Council, Elizabeth House, Walpole Loke, Dereham NR19 1EE
If you have questions, or would like to know more, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please mark your email FAO Matthew Hogan.