Alcohol and Entertainment

Information can be found on how to apply for premises licences, club premises certificates, TENs and personal alcohol licences. You can apply for most of these licences online by going to our public register.

Taxi Licensing

It is Breckland Council's responsibility to licence all taxi drivers, vehicles and operators to ensure the public receive a safe and reliable service. The aim of our Licensing Team is to issue the licences for drivers, vehicles and operators in an efficient, transparent and accountable manner whilst ensuring the safety of the public and compliance with existing and future legislation.


Further information on how to apply for small society lottery registration, betting shops, casinos and gaming machines.

Register of Breckland Licences

A public register of licences issued by Breckland District Council

Public Notices

Public Notices of any Applications and Reviews received under the Licensing Act 2003 and also The Openness of Local Government Bodies Regulations 2014 reports.

Animal Welfare

Provides information on how to apply for a licence for Animal Boarders and Breeders, Pet Shops, Riding Establishments and Dangerous Wild Animals

Street Trading Consent

Street Trading - Designation of Consent Streets, Schedule 4 of the Local Government (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act 1982

Charity Collections

A Street Collection permit is required for any collection of money or sale of articles for the benefit of charitable purposes which takes place in a street or public place and a House to House permit is required for anyone wishing to conduct a House to House charity collection within the Breckland District Council area

Scrap Metal Dealers Licence

Provides information on how to apply for Scrap Metal Dealers Site and Mobile Collectors Licence

Licensing News

We will use this page to publish any upcoming changes in legislation that is relevant to any of the licences we process which include pubs, clubs, taxi vehicles and drivers, gambling, scrap metal and animal welfare. We will also advise of any road closures that we are aware of happening in the Breckland District and any other news items that will be of interest to our clients

Table and Chairs/Pavement Licensing on Highway

To place tables, chairs or other temporary furniture on the pavement in England and Wales you require a licence from your local authority

Sex Establishment

Breckland Council has adopted amendments made to Schedule 3 of the Local Government (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act 1982, and as a result from the 27th January 2011 all forms of sex establishment will now require a licence with the Council

Safety Advisory Group

The role of the Breckland Safety Advisory Group (SAG) is to promote good standards of safety at all public events in the district and ensure best practice is followed.

Licences and registrations

Licences and registrations managed by other departments and agencies - This includes cosmetic treatment, tattooists, food registration and skip permits: