Breckland Council is responsible for maintaining Street Nameplates under the "Public Health Act 1925" and under this act it is an offence to:
- Destroy, pull down or deface a street nameplate (includes repositioning street nameplates).
- Set up/install a street nameplate with any name different from the official street name.
- Place or fix any notice or advertisement within twelve inches of any street nameplate.
Breckland Council does not charge to replace any street nameplate that is:
- Miss Spelt
A charge is applicable if you wish to:
- Move a street nameplate
- Add appropriate additional wording onto a nameplate
- Request additional street nameplates to those that already exist
To make a request or to let us know about a street nameplate please complete the application form below.
Further information and guidance notes can be found below;
Last updated: 18/12/2019 08:37:09