Will I need a licence for music entertainment?
Whether a licence is needed for music entertainment will depend on the circumstances.
A licence is not required to stage a performance of live music, or the playing of recorded music if:
- it takes place between 8AM and 11PM; and
- it takes place at an alcohol on-licensed premises; and
- the audience is no more than 500 people
You also don't need a licence:
- to put on unamplified live music at any place between the same hours; or
- to put on amplified live music at a workplace between the same hours and provided the audience is no more than 500 people.
You can find more information on the Gov.UKwebsite.
We would strongly advise that you exercise common sense when arranging live music as complaints about excessive noise could result in conditions being attached to your Premises/Club Licence.
Last updated: 03/12/2019 11:05:18