What is a Provisional Statement?
Anyone interested in making a future application for a Premises Licence can obtain a Provisional Statement, which will give an indication of the likelihood of obtaining a Premises Licence. The statement can be applied for premises that are being constructed, about to be constructed, extended or altered for the purpose of being used for one or more licensable activities. A Provisional Statement does not convert into a Premises Licence once the construction is complete.
To apply for a Provisional Statement you are required to:
- Complete and return the
along with the fee
- For premises under construction the fee is £315.00, if noBusiness Rates are assigned the fee is £100.00 (until an NDRV is assigned)
- The application must be submitted to Breckland Council and each of the Responsible Authorities
- Please complete the card payment form on the last page of the application, you can pay by debit or credit card
- Alternatively enclose a cheque made payable to Breckland Council
- Submit aplan of the building clearly showing the works to be completed
- Display a Public Notice (
- It must be displayed in a conspicuous place on the premises for at least 10 consecutive days starting after the day the application was submitted
- It must be displayed where it can be conveniently read by members of the public from the exterior of the premises
- It must be at least A4 size
- It must be blue in colour
- It must be printed legibly in black ink or typed in a black font equal or greater than font size 16
- If the premises covers an area greater than 50 square metres a further, identical notice must be displayed every 50 metres around the perimeter of the premises
- Please ensure your application is complete and valid before displaying your Public Notice. If incorrect you may need to display again for 28 consecutive days after submission of a complete application
- The Public Notice gives the public the opportunity to make representations. If the representation is valid it may result in a Committee hearing at Breckland Council
The Licensing Team will acknowledge your request within three working days. The Responsible Authorities will review the application and can submit representations if they feel the application is detrimental to any of the four Licensing Objectives. If objections are received it may result in a Committee hearing at Breckland Council.
Last updated: 24/06/2019 12:45:44