Tips for Winter Driving
Here are a few tips on how to stay safe this winter:
- Only travel when absolutely necessary
- Allow more time for your journey
- Slow down and leave increased space between you and the vehicle in front
- Plan your journey.
Keep the following in the car:
- De-icing equipment
- Warm clothes
- Food & drink
- High visibility jacket
- First aid kit
- A hazard warning triangle
- Mobile Phone (fully charged)
- Wellington boots
- Your tyres are at the correct pressures.
- Your vehicle lights are clean and working.
- Your wiper blades are effective.
- Your battery is in good condition and fully charged.
- Your vehicle anti-freeze is the right concentration (your garage can do this for you).
- Your windows and mirrors are clear of ice or condensation.
- You have plenty of fuel.
Listen to local radio and traffic reports, they can help with planning your journey.
You can check local travel news on the following websites or radio stations
The latest traffic information, and road issues can be found on theHighways England website
Last updated: 17/06/2020 16:12:02