When do you not require a licence?
The listed activities do not require a licence:
- Businesses where accommodation is provided for other people's cats and dogs, but where the provision of that accommodation is not the purpose of that business. For example, veterinary practices where the accommodation provided is part of the treatment of the animal.
- Home boarding of cats within a domestic setting is not permitted.
- Businesses that look after the cat within its normal place of residence (i.e. cat sitters).
- Businesses that only provide day care for dogs and do not keep them overnight (these are under the scope of providing day care for dogs).
- Businesses that look after the dog within its normal place of residence (i.e. dog sitters, dog walkers).
Last updated: 26/07/2019 13:07:43