Pre-inspection audit and advice visits
Food businesses which are new, or have a food hygiene rating of 3, 4 or 5, can register to have a pre-inspection audit and advice visit before their food hygiene inspection. If you are an existing business with a food hygiene rating of Zero, One or Two, then we recommend you use our
Call us on 0800 689 3512 to discuss.
What you can expect:
- if you are a new business, we will send you an email with details of how you can book your pre-inspection visit before your first inspection
- if you are an existing business, we will send you an email/letter three months before your next food hygiene inspection is due with details of how you can book this enhanced service
- an experienced food safety officer will carry out an audit of the food safety procedures, the structure and cleanliness of the premise and any food safety management documentation, eg Safer Food, Better Business pack
- during the visit, you will have an opportunity to discuss any concerns you have with the food safety officer and they will give you advice
- following the visit, you will be sent an audit report highlighting matters which could be improved
- you will also be given an indication of your likely food hygiene rating based on the standards found during the audit.
Please note this service does not guarantee the food hygiene rating that will be given at your food hygiene inspection. It is your responsibility to ensure that any matters raised are dealt with and that standards overall are maintained.
The cost of a pre-inspection audit and advice visit is £179, however you can register your interest with our internally operated supplierehcUK
If you are a new business, we will contact you within the next 5 working days and if you wish to proceed, we will request payment and arrange the visit.
If you are an existing business, we will contact you 3 months before your next inspection and if you wish to proceed, we will request payment and arrange the visit.
One pre-inspection audit and advice visit is available per inspection cycle.
To register your interest, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Last updated: 10/09/2019 18:09:43