How do I make a Councillor complaint?

Under the Localism Act 2012 Breckland Council has setIcon for word arrangements [57.33KB] for dealing with standards allegations.

Anyone wishing to make a complaint about the conduct of a member of Breckland Council or a member of a Town or Parish Council within Breckland, for failing to comply with the Code of Conduct, you should complete aIcon for word complaint form. [55.25KB]

Responsibility for considering complaints about elected member (i.e. councillors) rests with the Council.

The completed Complaints form can be emailed to

Or addressed to:

The Monitoring Officer, Democratic Services, Breckland. Council, Elizabeth House, Walpole Loke, Dereham, NR19 1EE

A complainant will be required to provide their name, a contact address and where possible, an email address so that the complaint can be acknowledged and the complainant kept informed of progress.

The Monitoring Officer does not normally investigate anonymous complaints, unless there is a clear public interest in doing so.

Breach of the Code of Conduct

Last updated: 03/06/2020 15:55:24