The Breckland Council Building Control team, operated by Capita, are committed to providing you with the best possible service. The Building Regulations are designed to provide for the health and safety of persons in and around buildings, energy conservation and access for all.
Helping you to gain a Building Regulation approval and satisfactory Completion Certificate is the team's primary aim and accounts for approximately 75% of our time, with the other 25% ensuring other statutory and non statutory functions are delivered, such as:-
- Full Plans, Building Notice and Regularisation applications.
- General advice to the public
- Inspections of building work.
- Dealing with dangerous structures.
- Standard Assessment Procedures (SAP) and Energy Performance Calculations (EPC).
- Partnering applications.
- Pursuit and resolution of unauthorised building works.
- Access Audits.
- Fire Risk Assessments.
Our service pledge to you
- We encourage pre-application discussions
- We will be pleased to include other Breckland or outside services in application meetings, i.e. Planning, Environmental Health, Fire Service
- With larger projects we will be pleased to pull a full Development Team together to smooth the path to a satisfactory completion
- We will acknowledge application registrations with a receipt and a Building Control Surveyors contact name within 2 working days
- We will check your application and provide an initial response within 3 weeks
- We will visit your site the same day providing requests are received before 10.30 a.m.
- We will issue Completion Certificates within 5 working days following a satisfactory completion inspection
Have your say on our Service Delivery
With your Completion Certificate we will enclose a customer satisfaction survey questionnaire, please take the time to complete and return, we welcome your feedback and your comments will help us to improve our service in the future.
Please click on the link below to find out about the LABC Excellence Awards.
LABC Conservatory Guide 2013
Please click on the link below.
Renovating your Home
Please click on the link below for a guide.
Making an electronic submission
Submit-a-Plan enables anyone, with access to the web, to submit Building Control applications electronically to local authorities across the country free of charge.
The five main benefits are:
- Free of Charge to use
- Open 24 hours a day 7 days a week
- No printing or postage required
- To register and submit applications is simple
- Application progress can be tracked online
To submit your Building Regulations application online visit:
LABC Warranty works in partnership with LABC (Local Authority Building Control) to provide you with a complete range of developer services to support construction from start to finish: from residential and non-residential warranties, right through to assessments and testing.
- 10 year Structural Warranties
- Code for Sustainable Homes Assessments
- SBEM Assessments
- Acoustic Testing
- Air Pressure Testing
To find out more or obtain a quotation, please contact the LABC Warranty Team at:-
Tel: 0845 054 0505
LABC Home Warranty
This caters for speculative developers and builders covering conversions, new build and mixed use developments. The product recognises and rewards quality projects with competitive premiums and market-leading terms. Service and support is fast and seamless because of MDIS's experienced, dedicated customer service team.
LABC Social Housing Warranty
A competitive tailored solution covering shared-ownership, rented or key worker accommodation projects. Quality is rewarded with the same advantages given to speculative developers. Cover can be provided for either a 10 or 12 year period.
LABC Self Build Warranty
Designed specifically for individuals building their own homes - both new build and conversions - to provide peace of mind. Quality is rewarded through competitive premiums and excellent service based on MDIS's extensive experience of self build projects.
Last updated: 20/08/2018 12:09:27