Applications & Reviews
When an application is made for the grant of a premises licence (Section 17) or club premises certificate (Section 71), or for the variation of a premises licence (Section 34) or club premises certificate (Section 84), or for a provisional statement (Section 29), or for a review of a licence there is now a requirement on the Licensing Authority to advertise the application as follows:
- For the period of 28 days starting on the day on which the Licensing Authority receives the application, and
- By publishing a notice on its website in a prescribed form.
This amendment has been made to further ensure that the application is brought to the attention of persons likely to be affected by it.
Information on any prescribed applications open for representations can be found below:
1. Premises Licence Applications
2. Premises Licence Variation Applications
3. Club Premises Certificate Applications
4. Club Premises Certificate Variation Applications
5. Review of a Premises Licence
6. Minor Variation Applications
Representations regarding any applications can now be made online
or can be made in writing to the Licensing Team, Breckland District Council, Elizabeth House, Walpole Loke, Dereham, NR19 1EE or email firstname.lastname@example.org within the 28 working day consultation period. Representations received after the closing date cannot be considered.
A copy of the application can be viewed at Breckland District Council, Elizabeth House, Walpole Loke, Dereham, NR19 1EE during normal office hours. You are required to make an appointment to attend. The online public register can be viewed here.
Please note that it is an offence liable on summary conviction to a fine up to Level 5 on the standard scale, to knowingly or recklessly make a false statement in connection with a licence application.
Further information on the process of Licensing Team.is available by contacting the
Last updated: 12/06/2019 16:16:10