What should you do if you discover fly-tipped waste after the tippers have left?
- Do not touch the waste - Fly-tipped waste can be dangerous - it may contain syringes, broken glass, asbestos toxic chemicals or other hazardous substances
- Try to determine what and how much the waste there is consists and how much there is
- Take note of the exact location and the time you discovered the waste
- Do not disturb the site: there may be evidence that could help identify the culprits and lead to their prosecution
- Write the details down as soon as possible and report it on line. You may be asked to help us make a written statement about what you saw.