Complaints about Councillors

Breckland Council seeks to maintain the highest standards of integrity and fairness in all its activities. We are responsible for offering advice on and enforcing the Code of Conduct.

We are also responsible for maintaining all standards in relation to ethical practices within Town and Parish Councils.

We uphold  and oversee the operations of delegated powers within the Council. We monitor all complaints made against the Council and keep a register of Members Register of Interests.

Registering Interests-

A Member has a duty to register financial or other interests by completing the form provided within 28 days of the election, or co-option to the Council.

The Register of Member Interests is available for public inspection on our website, for District Councillors, it is on each Councillors individual page or for Town and Parish Councillors click here. Alternatively the Register of Interests forms can be inspected at Elizabeth House in Dereham. Please contact a Democratic Services Officer to make an appointment.

What Happens if a Member Allegedly Breaks the Code of Conduct?

Breckland Council has set arrangements for dealing with standards allegations.

 Icon for word Standards Arrangements [57.33KB]

If you wish to make a complaint about the conduct of either a District or Town/Parish Councillor, you must do so to the Monitoring Officer of Breckland Council, by completing the Icon for word Standards Complaint Form [55.25KB] and sending it to either


Monitoring Officer

Democratic Services

Elizabeth House

Walpole Loke


NR19 1EE

Breach of the Code of Conduct

Councillor Caplin - Weasenham Parish Council Icon for word Decision Notice [617KB]


Last updated: 08/01/2018 15:26:23