What happens next?
If you have been shortlisted for a property you will receive a phone call from Breckland Council Housing Hub and you will need to upload the following documents:
- Rented Property - Copy of your Notice to Quit (if applicable). This should be a Section 21 letter from your landlord or a formal letter from your family member
- Mortgaged Property - Possession Order (if applicable)
- Local Connection to Breckland district. This needs to be one of the following:
- Proof of your last 3 years' residency within Breckland district. If you are named on a Breckland Council Tax account we can check this internally. If not you will need to provide proof and this can be bank statements, utility bills or council letters.
- Your permanent contract of employment within Breckland district.
- Written permission from your immediate family member (parent or sibling) to check their Council Tax records to verify that they have resided in the Breckland district for the last 3 years. Alternatively your family member can sign up for ourCouncil Tax online services which will give them the ability to access an electronic copy of their bill.
- Rented Property - A recent statement or letter/email from your landlord confirming that you have no rent arrears
- Mortgaged Property - Mortgage Statement (if in arrears, provide the statements dating back to when the arrears started)
- Proof of identity for all members of the family e.g. driving licence or passport,for anyone over 18 years or birth certificate for under 18s
- Rented Property - Tenancy agreement for current property. This is the whole agreement not just the first page
- Mortgaged Property - Confirmation of property on the market and the selling price
- 3 consecutive months most recent bank statements for all accounts held
- Proof of receipt of benefits
- If any household member has any medical conditions, we will require proof of this e.g. A full patient summary sheet, available free of charge from your doctor and any other diagnosis letter that explains how your medical condition affects every day living
Each document needs to be uploaded separately e.g. tenancy agreement and bank statements must not be one single document it would need to be 2 documents
If you are unable to provide any of these documents you will need to let us know straight away.
For advice on how to use the document uploader please click on the following link
Last updated: 08/01/2019 08:59:12