Your Rights and Responsibilities
You have certain rights and responsibilities if you're a tenant in privately rented property.
As a tenant, you have the right to:
- live in a property that's safe and in a good state of repair
- have your deposit returned when the tenancy ends - and have it protected
- challenge excessively high charges
- know who your landlord is
- live in the property undisturbed
- see an Energy Performance Certificate for the property
- be protected from unfair eviction and unfair rent
- have a written agreement if you have a fixed-term tenancy of more than 3 years
If you have a Tenancy Agreement, it should be fair and comply with the law.
Further information to identify the Type of Tenancy you have can be found by visiting theShelter website
Please click on the relevant title below for further information
Last updated: 10/01/2019 13:24:06