How do I apply?
How do I apply?
You apply to join the Breckland Housing Register and to use the services of the Breckland Key Select website by completing theonline application form
It is suggested that you read our FAQs on theHousing Register Process before applying
Where can I access the Breckland Key Select service?
You can access theBreckland Key Select website on computers in our Customer Service centres in Dereham and Thetford, your local library, or friends and family. Please view ourinteractive map for the location of our Customer Service centres and local libraries
Who cannot use this service?
There are also some people who are not by law eligible to join the Housing Register.
- You will need to have lived within Breckland for 3 out of the last 5 years.
- You must not have any rent arrears with your current or previous landlords.
- Certain people who are subject to immigration control under the 1996 asylum and immigration act (unless they fall within a class exempted from this restriction by government regulations)
- Certain people from abroad who are not subject to immigration control but who are not habitually resident in the UK, the Channel Islands, and the Isle of Man or the Republic of Ireland.
- People (including members of their household) who have been guilty of unacceptable behaviour that makes them unsuitable to be a tenant.
The Allocation Policy sets out who can access the housing register and how accommodation is allocated within the District.
You can read a copy of our allocations policy by downloading the document below
Last updated: 09/01/2019 10:00:35