​​​​​​​Requesting Advice from Council

Informal advice from Council can be sought regarding whether your proposal requires planning permission.

Informal enquiries must be submitted using the Preliminary Enquiry Form. The form allows you to attach multiple plans and other documents that you may wish to provide Council to assist in their assessment. The following is an Icon for pdf example sketch plan [148.81KB] that sets out the type of information that is expected to be submitted for a householder development. The more information you provide the more detailed the response will be.

An informal opinion, known as pre-application advice, can also be given as to whether planning permission is likely to be granted, however, whilst this advice is given in good faith, this response should not be assumed to be comprehensive or binding on any future decisions of the Council.

The erection of an agricultural building may require either full planning permission or prior notification. Follow the Icon for pdf flowchart [254.72KB] to establish which permission is required.

Last updated: 05/11/2018 10:41:26