The right of access (subject access request)
You have the right to know whether we hold information about you, and to see a copy of it. This is usually known as a Subject Access Request (SAR) and we are required to respond within one month of receipt of the request or (if later) within one month of receipt of:
1. any information requested to confirm the requester's identity, or
2. a fee (only in certain circumstances)
We may extend this time period by a further two months in certain circumstances, but will explain the reasons why to you.
You can make a Subject Access Requestonline, if you require assistance please contact us on 01362 656870 or come into our offices at either Dereham or Thetford. Their addresses can be found on ourVisit Us page.
There is some information that we may hold about you that we can't give you access to.
- parts of your record that contain information about other people (unless it's information you provided to us)
- information that may cause serious harm to you or someone else's physical or mental health
- where we think that disclosing information may stop us from preventing or detecting a crime.
Last updated: 23/07/2020 10:53:31