How do I apply for a Premises Licence?

Please ensure you read theIcon for pdf guide for applying for a Premises Licence [1.48MB] and Icon for pdf the guidance notes attached to the application. [49.51KB]  Any applications submitted with information missing or incorrectly completed applications will be rejected.

If required we do offer a pre-application advice service for this licence application. To find out more, please fill in thePre-Application Advice Request Form.

A licence may not be held by an individual or an individual in a partnership who is resident in the UK who:

  • does not have the right to live and work in the UK; or
  • is subject to a condition preventing him or her from doing work relating to the carrying on of a licensable activity.

Any premises licence issued in respect of an application made on or after 6 April 2017 will become invalid if the holder ceases to be entitled to work in the UK.

Applicants must demonstrate that they have an entitlement to work in the UK and are not subject to a condition preventing them from doing work relating to the carrying on of a licensable activity. You can do this by providing us with paper or scanned copies of the required documents listed within the application form (which do not need to be certified) or by providing a 'share code' from theHome Office online right to work checking service.

The online application portal is currently unavailable.  Please complete and return theIcon for pdf Premises application form [340.87KB] along with therelevant fee and additional documents listed below. You are able to pay by debit or credit card, please complete the card payment form on the last page of the application. Alternatively enclose a cheque made payable to Breckland Council.

You are also required to:

Breckland's Licensing Team will acknowledge receipt within three working days. If you have not heard from us within 3 working days pleasecontact us to check we have received your application.

If there are any amendments necessary to enable us to accept the application we will contact you, please retain a copy of the completed forms you submit.

Do you require new business advice, training courses or consultancy in preparation for opening a premises?  Visit ehcUK our trusted training and consultancy partner'swebsite..

Thinking of providing food at your premises? Information on what is required can be found on ourwebsite.

Last updated: 23/07/2020 10:15:36