How do I make changes to my Premises or Club Licence?

If you wish to make an amendment to your current Premises Licence or Club Premises Certificate that affect any of the licensing objectives (prevention of crime and disorder, public safety, prevention of public nuisance and protection of children from harm) you will need to apply to Breckland Council for a Variation.

If you want to change the name of your premises or amend the name or address of the premises licence holder information is available on ourChange of name or address for a premises or premises licence holder page.

Variations are typically used when adding any extralicensable activities to your licence, adjusting your operating hours, major changes to the layout of the premises, adding or removing conditions on the licence or changes to the plans of the building.  Your proposed change may be able to be dealt with under aMinor Variation.  

Before starting your application you should read our Icon for pdf guidance on making a Premises Licence variation [502.05KB] orIcon for pdf guidance on making a variation of a Club Premises Certificate [502.05KB] (please note that these are currently being updated in light of new legislation).

The online application portal is currently unavailable.  Please complete and return theIcon for pdf Premises Licence Variation application form [287.61KB]  orIcon for pdf Club Premises Certificate Variation Application form [276.54KB]along with therelevant fee. You are able to pay by debit or credit card, please complete the card payment form on the last page of the application. Alternatively enclose a cheque made payable to Breckland Council

You are also required to:

A Variation does not apply if the proposed change is to theDesignated Premises Supervisor only.

Breckland's Licensing Team will acknowledge receipt within three working days.  If there are no representations or objections, all requirements have been met and the application form is fully and correctly completed the amended licence will be granted after a period of 28 days.  Any objections (from theResponsible Authorities) or valid representations (from the public) may result in a Panel hearing at Breckland Council, we will contact you to confirm the process if necessary.  If there are any amendments needed to enable us to accept the application we will contact you, please retain a copy of the completed forms you submit.

ehcUK offer a pre-application advice service. To find out more, please fill in thePre-Application Advice Request Form.

Thinking of providing food at your premises? You will need to contact Breckland Council Food, Health & Safety team

Last updated: 23/07/2020 10:18:12