How do I make changes to my Premises or Club Licence?
If you wish to make an amendment to your current Premises Licence or Club Premises Certificate that affect any of the licensing objectives (prevention of crime and disorder, public safety, prevention of public nuisance and protection of children from harm) you will need to apply to Breckland Council for a Variation.
If you want to change the name of your premises or amend the name or address of the premises licence holder information is available on ourChange of name or address for a premises or premises licence holder page.
Variations are typically used when adding any extralicensable activities to your licence, adjusting your operating hours, major changes to the layout of the premises, adding or removing conditions on the licence or changes to the plans of the building. Your proposed change may be able to be dealt with under aMinor Variation.
Before starting your application you should read ouror (please note that these are currently being updated in light of new legislation).
You are able to apply online for this licence bygoing to our public register or by completing and returning the or along with therelevant fee. You are able to pay by debit or credit card, please complete the card payment form on the last page of the application. Alternatively enclose a cheque made payable to Breckland Council
You are also required to:
- Return both parts of your original Premises Licence or Club Premises Certificate
- If this is not available please confirm why in writing
- Submit aplan of the building with your application
- Please clearly indicate any proposed new areas or alterations if applicable
- Issue a copy of your completed application form to each of theresponsible authorities (if you apply online we will do this for you)
- Complete and submit a
- Each Responsible Authority could make an objection to your application, which may result in a Committee hearing at Breckland Council
- Display a Public Notice (
- Please read the guidance notes on the example of a Variation Blue Notice
- Publish a notice in the local press (
- Please read the guidance notes on the example of a newspaper advert
- Complete and submit a
A Variation does not apply if the proposed change is to theDesignated Premises Supervisoronly.
Breckland's Licensing Team will acknowledge receipt within three working days. If there are no representations or objections, all requirements have been met and the application form is fully and correctly completed the amended licence will be granted after a period of 28 days. Any objections (from theResponsible Authorities) or valid representations (from the public) may result in a Panel hearing at Breckland Council, we will contact you to confirm the process if necessary. If there are any amendments needed to enable us to accept the application we will contact you, please retain a copy of the completed forms you submit.
Environmental Health Training and Consultancy offer a pre-application advice service. To find out more, please fill in the Pre-Application Advice Request Form.
Thinking of providing food at your premises? You will need to contact Breckland Council Food, Health & Safety team
Last updated: 26/06/2019 09:04:17