Coronavirus (COVID 19) Guidance for Businesses and Employers
This page will be regularly updated with information and guidance for businesses and employers regarding Coronavirus (COVID-19). The guidance will include information published by the Department for Health and Social Care and that by the Government around emergency funding for businesses.
The Department for Health and Social Care has issued the following guidance to the public as part of its Coronavirus public health campaign:
Wash your hands more often than usual, for 20 seconds each time with soap and water, or use hand sanitiser. Especially when you:
- Get home or into work
- Blow your nose, sneeze or cough
- Eat or handle food
Guidance: Further businesses and premises to close
As a country, we all need to do what we can to reduce the spread of coronavirus. That is why the government has given clear guidance on self-isolation, staying at home and away from others, and asked that schools only remain open for those children who absolutely need to attend.
If your property is left unoccupied please follow good practice by securing and/or removing valuables from your premises.
Summary of Support Package
The Chancellor announced a £330 billion support package of temporary, timely and targeted measures to support businesses and workers to protect against the economic emergency caused by the coronavirus.
This includes a package of measures to support businesses including:
- a Statutory Sick Pay relief package for SMEs
- Statutory Sick Pay for employees for up to two weeks
- a 12-month business rates holiday for all retail, hospitality and leisure businesses in England
- small business grant funding of £10,000 for all business in receipt of small business rate relief or rural rate relief
- grant funding of £25,000 for retail, hospitality and leisure businesses with property with a rateable value between £15,000 and £51,000
- the Coronavirus Business Interruption Loan Scheme offering loans of up to £5 million for SMEs through the British Business Bank
- a new lending facility from the Bank of England to help support liquidity among larger firms, helping them bridge coronavirus disruption to their cash flows through loans
- the HMRC Time To Pay Scheme
- a Business Support Tool to offer key information on the support available through various COVID -19 government business support schemes
Our team of advisers in our Regeneration team will seek to provide other support or advice you may need on any of the points below or any other concerns. We can be contacted by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
To access further information on all business support and grants available to you as part of the COVID 19 package and other local schemes, please visit our business support page.
Open letter to all businesses from Breckland Council Leader Sam Chapman-Allen
The leader of the council Cllr Sam Chapman-Allen,to thank you for your tremendous support and resilience over the last few weeks. This letter has been sent to those businesses who we hold addresses for as they pay business rates, therefore we apologise if you do not get this letter in person.
Last updated: 09/06/2020 15:05:39