Ready for Winter
Severe weather can affect parts of Norfolk in different ways, and at different times of the year.
We have prepared advice to help you and your loved ones stay safe and healthy in winter.
For emergency closures and information on what to do during wintery weather please see ourWinter Weather Emergency Updates page.
Prepare for winter
- Met Office Get Ready For Winter checklist
- British Red Cross Emergency App
- Keep Well This Winter-Age UK
- Sign up for flood warnings GOV.UK
- Power Cuts-sign up for priority services
Advice on how to travel safely in different weather conditions
- Tips for Winter Driving
- Winter travel advice
- Gritting Routes (Norfolk County Council website)
- Heavy snow and icy roads
- Thunderstorms and lightning
- Heat and sun
- Dense fog
- Severe gales
Last updated: 21/11/2019 11:48:07